£36,404 - £42,268
32 Albion Street, Glasgow G1 1LH
Salary - £36,404.92 £42,268.75
Contract Type and Hours – Full time permanent working 35 hours a week
Glasgow Life is a charity providing the support, inspiration, and opportunity for Glasgow’s citizens to access the services that matter most to them. Working across museums, the arts, music, sport, world-class events, festivals, libraries, community facilities, and physical activity, learning and heritage programmes; the scale and reach of our activity makes a meaningful and positive impact on the lives of Glasgow’s residents and creates unforgettable experiences for our visitors.
Joining our Infrastructure Support team, our Senior Health and Safety Advisor will work as part of an established and experienced team of professionals and report directly to the Health and Safety Manager.
As Senior Health and Safety Advisor you’ll:
• Be responsible for developing, promoting, and advising on Health and Safety Policies, risk assessments, incident reporting and investigation, auditing of the health and safety management framework and the analysis of health and safety trends across Glasgow Life.
• Communicate, influence, and engage with all levels of management and stakeholders to ensure effective promotion and implementation of the health and safety management framework across our diverse organisation.
• Apply relevant post qualifying experience in the practical application of health and safety in a multi-disciplinary organisation.
To be considered for our role of Senior Health and Safety Advisor you’ll demonstrate the following in your application:
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent level qualification
• Subject matter expert on health and safety legislation and regulation.
• Experience of practical application of health and safety in a large multi-disciplinary organisation.
• Experience of implementing health and safety management systems including the development of policies, providing guidance and auditing.
• Excellent relationship management skills across all levels coupled with strong influencing and communication skills.
• Ability to create informative and accurate reports, using information to seek out continuous improvement.
• Representing health and safety in a ‘can do’ sensible and proportionate manner whilst inspiring those around you to meet the needs of the health and safety framework.
Further details on the responsibilities and role can be found within the role profile and person specification on MyJobScotland Job Attachment section.
We believe in the transformational power of the services we provide for the citizens and visitors of Glasgow, and if you want to be a part of it, we’d love to hear from you.
What do you need to do to apply? Login or create an account with My Job Scotland to complete our application form.
Important Dates – The role will close at midnight on 10 July 2022 and interviews are provisionally being held on w/c 18 July 2022.
In return we can offer a generous holiday allowance of 29 days (rising to 34 days after 5 years), plus 6.5 public holidays. You will also be eligible to join the Strathclyde pension fund, one of the largest local authority pension providers in the UK. Additional staff benefits include staff discounts, annual leave purchase scheme, flexible retirement, and family friendly policies.
Glasgow Life seeks to reflect the extraordinary diversity of our city at every level of our organisation and in our programmes. We strongly encourage suitably qualified applications from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Glasgow Life. To find out more about our commitment to equality and diversity visit https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/the-small-print/an-inclusive-employer
To apply for this vacancy online please visit https://www.myjobscotland.gov.uk/councils/glasgow/glasgow-life/jobs/senior-health-safety-advisor-280709.
Closing date is 11.59pm on Sunday 10th July 2022
Information is available in alternative formats, on request.