Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Manager - Berkshire and across the Southern region (managing a team of Advisors across the contract) - £60000-£70000+excellent benefits pacakge working for a tier one Facilities Management and Construction company.
Reporting to the Head of HSEQ, the post holder will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all relevant Health & Safety regulation(s) and in particular, those health & safety requirements stipulated by the Client and any such health and safety related requirements specific to Sector/Project/Contract and activity.
• By driving excellence and taking direct ownership of H&S management, provides assurance to the Project Director & Head of Safety that health & safety requirements are being proactively managed across the Contract to required Standards.
• Directly supports and champios Group HSEQ campaigns, targets and objectives
• Identify and maintain positive measures to improve health and safety standards across the Contract, assisting all those on the Contract to comply with all relevant health and safety legislation and specific requirements.
• Drive a positive health and safety culture, ensuring that the principles of the behavioral safety programme are embedded across the Contract. Demonstrate annual improvements in health and safety standards through the identification and active monitoring of KPI’s, lagging and leading indicators.
• Produce reports/data as required in support of the Contract health & safety objectives and targets. Ensure that action is taken to identify hazards and mitigate risk through a programme of Inspections, Audits and Investigations in support of the Internal Audit procedure.
• Any other task that is related to the effective management of health & safety across the Contract.
• Directly manage a team of HSEQ Advisors in their day to day activity ensuring effective provision of timely competent health and safety advice
• Reporting to the VINCI Facilities Head of HSEQ, maintain a dotted reporting line into the Project Director.
• Support the professional development of HSEQ Advisors, ensuring resilience and ongoing development of core key skills and requirements to the competency framework.
• Maintain own Continuing Professional Development and competence.
• Promotes and is an Ambassador for company Values and our behaviours.
Proven experience of managing a Health & Safety Team (essential)
Experience of managing health & safety in military/governmental/high risk and complex environments (desirable)
Vetting- Should be able to pass Security Clearance vetting for MOD
Professional Institution Membership - GradIOSH/MIIRSM or equivalent (Minimum - working towards Chartership)
Qualification - Level 6 NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent