Health and Safety Manager - Client-side construction | Home based with UK wide travel | £75,000 + Car allowance and Excellent benefits
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by one of the UK's leading property owners and developers to recruit a Health and Safety Manager. This FTSE 250 company are involved in the largest development projects in the UK these include a large portfolio of high-rise buildings across in the UK.
The position is primarily responsible for ensuring the company discharge their CDM responsibilities across their range of projects. As well as, leading on construction safety management across the organisation
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Manager will include:
- Manage and coordinate a number of projects through the CDM process from concept to completion.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders including designers and contractors to drive the CDM process to ensure compliance and that the relevant duty holders fulfil their obligations
- Visiting construction projects undertaking audits and inspections of contractors to ensure safe delivery of projects.
- Working with the wider construction and procurement team to assess and select the potential contractors from a health & safety standpoint
- Providing specialist advice and information on construction health and safety to projects and advising on any changes required.
- Writing board reports and presenting the findings to the companies health and safety committee.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within the construction / fit-out or related industry and in-depth knowledge of legislation including CDM 2015
- A NEBOSH / NCRQ Diploma or NVQ5 (or equivalent) and ideally Chartership of IOSH
- A pragmatic approach to safety and the ability to engage and communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
This role would suit an experienced Health and Safety professional who can hit the ground running. If you're interested, please apply here or send your CV or contact James Cox on or 01923 432 687
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.