Health and Safety Advisor - Leighton Buzzard, Bedforshire - facilities/construction activites - £35k-£40k+package
Through the role, the H&S Advisor ensures the effective management of Health & Safety at the Centre and sites where related operations are taking place, these include, but are not be limited to:
- Ensure compliance with HS&E legislation and health, safety and environmental requirements
- Interface, communicate, liaise and maintain effective relationships with Centre Management Team
- Ensure that Contractor employees, sub-contractors and suppliers all work in accordance with Client health, safety and environmental protection requirements
- Monitor housekeeping standards across the Site, identify and implement improvement activities
- Manage and coordinate transport/delivery/vehicle movements on site.
- Manage handover of work areas.
- Manage lifting activities.
- Undertake workplace inspections such as PUWER, scaffold, work at height, housekeeping and fire safety.
- Manage Site Inductions and actively monitor day to day H&S standards.
- Coordinate Temporary Works and act as Temporary Works Supervisor (TWS)
- Manage and coordinate all Plant.
- Undertake PAT testing
- Review and where necessary complete risk assessments, method statements and safe systems of work
- Manage and audit the permit to work processes.
- Ensure that PPE is being used in accordance with requirements
- Undertake Inspections to ensure compliance with the HSEQ Management System
- Ensure that all emergency procedures and requirements are in place and are effective
Experience- Experience of providing hands on, practical health & safety advice, working with plant and industrial machinery
Vetting - Able to pass CTC clearance
Professional Membership - TechIOSH (or equivalent)
Qualification - qualification in health and safety (NEBOSH)