Relocation Assistance Offered: Assured Safety Recruitment are partnering with a European, Household Brand to recruit a Lead Health, Safety and Environment Manager to join their Senior Management Team at their complex, flagship site. You will manage a team of health and safety and environment professionals to achieve a culture built on best practice.
As site Health, Safety and Environment Manager you will implement and support the site Health, Safety and Environment plan in line with Group Strategy over a complex, multi-facted and technically challenging facility. You will promote a positive Health, Safety and Environment culture, providing guidance to the business with legal health and safety compliance and supporting the development and delivery of Health, Safety and Environment Best Practice.
Key Responsibilitites as Health, Safety and Environment Manager;
- Actively develop, promote and improve the health and safety culture throughout the site.
- Develop high level problem solving capability and facilitation skills
- Creates high performance through operational excellence
- Develops colleagues on the site, by identifying continuous improvement through trending and analysis.
- Develop and maintain good professional relationships with internal stakeholders so as to provide authoritative advice and guidance.
- Liaise with external authorities (HSE/EA), insurers and suppliers as necessary.
- Provide accurate and honest information within the business in order to continually improve health and safety performance.
- Drive and facilitate cross functional health and safety meetings as required to support colleagues in implementing performance improvements and to communicate HSE matters.
- Develop and implement HSE plans to support the strategy and improve standards in health, safety and environment
- Manage Environmental and safety related costs at site level
- Attend health safety and environment meetings and actively contribute to share best practice
- Actively review and continually improve local HSE policies, standards, procedures and practices.
- Support the creation and development of H&S/E projects and improvement plans.
- Ensure key health safety and environmental objectives are delivered on time.
- Monitor, analyse and report on accident statistics, KPI's and develop and drive improvements in HSE performance data.
- Establish strong relationships with colleagues in other group companies to capture and share Best Practice.
Key skills and experience for Lead Health, Safety and Environment Manager:
- Qualified or working towards NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent with experience of site Health, Safety and Environment. Exceptional candidates with the Nebosh Certificate will be considered.
- Able to clearly demonstrate a track record of achievement in rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence a team across all functions.