Health and Safety Advisor
Contract: £300 per day 2/3 days per week
Leeds - with regular site travel
We're working with high-profile Principal Contractor to recruit a contract Health and Safety Advisor. This role will work across the company's array of major construction projects proving on site Health and Safety support. This is an excellent opportunity for a health and safety professional who likes to challenge the traditional ways of safety in construction.
This role could compliment a freelance contractor who is looking to add further clients to their current portfolio.
Responsibilities of the Contract Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Engaging across the sites, implementing health and safety policies and procedures, and ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation through mentoring, coaching and developing contractors
- Assist with toolbox talks, inductions and investigating incidents where required
- Assisting with the review and the production of risk assessments and method statements and answering any health and safety related queries
- Assisting with audits and inspections on site
The successful Contract Health and Safety Advisor will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally from within construction or related industry
- NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate and ideally working towards Diploma level and relevant membership of IOSH
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work well with a wide range of people
- Drive and enthusiasm with the ability to promote a positive Health and Safety culture
For further information or to discuss your career, contact James Cox on or 01923 432 687.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.