Regional Health and Safety Manager (12 fixed-term month contract)
Assured Safety Recruitment is proud to partnering with a succesful, growing home delivery brand focused on supporting British Brands through a sustainable business model with low environmental impacts. The role is field based providing support to local depots across the London, Kent and Essex Region
Regional Health and Safety Manager: About the role
You will provide professional health and safety support and advice to Regional Operations Managers, supporting Depot Managers and teams in planning and driving consistent processes which deliver improvement in H&S performance and compliance. Your key responsibilities as Regional Health and Safety Manager will be:
- Undertaking health and safety audits and assesments
- Monitoring and supporting all statutory inspections and maintenance of plant and equipment.
- Undertaking Health and safety risk assessments.
- Developing SSW based on the findings of risk assessments
- Keep health and safety best practice, legal knowledge and professional status up to date
- Liaise with external authorities and suppliers
- Providing updates on all new or amended health and safety legislation
- Providing health and safety coaching, advise and support Regions and Operations Managers, and deliver health and safety management training
- Coaching colleagues on workplace inspections, risk assessment and incident investigations.
- Actively develop, promote and improve the health and safety culture and engagement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Support site refurbishment or new site fit out
- Represent H&S and Regional meetings
Candidates will need to have the following skills and experience for the Regional Health and Safety Manager:
Ideally experience within either a distribution, manufacturing or retail setting.
Willingness to travel to sites across the region
What’s on offer
Up to circa £45,000 + car
Opportunity to work for a low environmental impact business.
Assured Safety Recruitment are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company operating across the UK. We recruit all roles in the Health and Safety industry including Health and Safety Advisor, Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director, and HSE, HSEQ, SHEQ, QHSE, EHS positions.