Interim Head of Health & Safety - 6-month Contract
Manchester, York, London | £500 per day (outside IR35)
We're pleased to have been engaged exclusively with the Science Museum Group (SMG) who are looking to bring on-board an interim Head of Health & Safety on a 6 month contract. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an organisation that has a strong public presence and interesting historic background. The role will be leading a team and on all the health and safety across the estate, which consists of five museums across the UK and two collection centres, whilst reporting into the Director of People and Culture.
Responsibilities of the Head of Health & Safety will include:
- Working with a range of stakeholders, accurately assessing health and safety risks and working with them to deliver solutions
- Leading on the implementation of robust health and safety policies and standards across the SMG
- Leading on the health and strategy across all management systems, risk assessments, and method statements
- Engaging internally to share best practice and ideas, constantly assessing opportunities for improvement and innovation
- Leading on the health and safety development and training for internal staff
The successful Head of Health & Safety will have:
- Proven health and safety experience from a similar environment (eg. facilities management, hospitality, retail, property or related background)
- NEBOSH / NCRQ diploma (or equivalent) and membership of IOSH.
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience of engaging with a range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a reputable and very well-known organisation within the UK. For further information or to discuss the next step in your health and safety career contact James Cox on 01923 432 687
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.