Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Lead (client-side)
Manchester | Circa £80,000 + Car Allowance and Excellent Benefits
An exciting, new opportunity has arisen with a Utility Technology company as Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Lead. The organisation has an extensive track record of successful operation in the UK and this is an excellent opportunity to join the growing business. The innovative solutions provided by this company are a critical function to many of the new commercial and residential projects across the UK.
This is an excellent opportunity for a health and safety professional to further develop their career, responsibilities for the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Lead will include:
- Working with the senior team communicating and ensuring the implementation of the health and safety policies across the organisation, including gaining key stakeholder engagement
- Assisting and advising project teams and designers on the day-to-day implementation of the UK health and safety management system and reporting against this
- Acting as key point of contact with third party organisations, including contractors, clients and enforcement agencies
- Preparing and communicating HSE reports for the senior management team
- Contribute towards developing and continuously adapting the health and safety strategy
The successful Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Lead candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within the built environment, civil engineering, construction, rail, infrastructure, utilities, or a related background
- A NEBOSH or NVQ qualification, at or above certificate level (or equivalent)
- The ability to influence and engage a range of stakeholders
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This position will require a self starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running; excellent communication skills are essential.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Kristian Gribble at or on (0) 1923 432 690 or apply here.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.