Health and Safety Manager
Thetford | Circa £52,000 + Car and Benefits
We're pleased to have been engaged to recruit a Health and Safety Manager for a leading specialist utilities contractor. The role is focused on helping to ensure the safe delivery of major, long term utility contracts across the Cambridgeshire region and surrounding areas. The organisation has an excellent track record across health and safety and this role is critical to its continued success.
Responsibilities for the Health and Safety Manager will include
- Implementing health and safety policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation
- Visiting sites and engaging with teams and managers, ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical Health and Safety related enquires
- Conducting audits, inspections, and accident investigations & managing a small, close knit health and safety team
- Engaging with the client and other external stakeholders, acting as a key point of contact
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally within utilities, civil engineering, construction or related industry
- NEBOSH/NCRQ Certificate (or equivalent) and membership of IOSH
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This position will require a self-starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running. A UK Driver's license is essential. If you have the relevant skills and experience, please apply or 01923 432 690. Ref KG 2563.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.