Health and Safety Advisor
Huddersfield | £43,000 - £47,000 + Car Allowance
Irwin and Colton are pleased to be engaged by a major Principal Contractor who turnover circa £1.5bn to recruit a Health and Safety Advisor. This role will be responsible for driving a positive safety culture across multiple construction projects in the area. This is an excellent opportunity for a proactive and motivated health and safety professional looking to further develop and grow their career with a leader in the construction and civil engineering industry.
Responsibilities of the Health and Safety Advisor will include:
- Implementing Health and Safety policies and procedures on site, ensuring compliance and keeping updated with key changes to legislation
- Visiting site and engaging with managers, ensuring responsibilities are clear and answering technical Health and Safety related enquiries
- Conducting audits, inspections, and accident investigations. Constantly seeking areas for improvement and development in health and safety performance
- Engaging with the client and other external stakeholders, acting as a key point of contact
The successful Health and Safety Advisor candidate will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role within construction
- Hold a NEBOSH General certificate or equivalent.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- A strong technical knowledge across relevant health and safety legislation, compliance and regulations
This position will require an individual who is passionate about health and safety and high performance. For further information or to discuss your career, contact Kristian Gribble on or 01923 432 690. Job Ref: 2564.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.