Health, Safety and Environment Manager
£50,000 to £60,000 Plus Car Allowance and Excellent Benefits
Irwin and Colton are pleased to have been engaged by a leader in the Transport Industry who are looking to recruit a Health, Safety and Environment Manager. This position is primarily focused on ensuring the successful delivery of Health, Safety and Environment across their portfolio of public transport depots.
This role will play an essential part on working with the operational team to ensure health, safety, and environmental best practice and to promote a positive health, safety, and environmental culture across the organisation.
Responsibilities of the Health, Safety and Environment Manager will include:
- Leading on activities to improve health and safety and environmental performance across the organisation
- Visiting sites to conduct audits and inspections, and answer any health, safety, and environmental related queries
- Ensuring policies and procedures are reviewed and updated, completing accident investigations as required
- Accurately reporting on health, safety and environmental performance and communicating this across the organisation
The successful Health, Safety and Environment Manager will have:
- Proven health, safety and environmental experience within transport, heavy industrial environments, property management or facilities management industries
- NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent (essential) and relevant membership of IOSH
- NEBOSH Diploma Certificate or equivalent (desirable)
- IEMA Certificate or equivalent (desirable)
- Proven experience implementing ISO-Management Systems
This position would suit an enthusiastic and proactive person who enjoys interacting with a range of stakeholders. For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Natasha Dimmock via or on +44(0) 1923 432 694 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.