Health and Safety Advisor - Birmingham (hybrid working) - regional multi-site role across the Midlands - £40k-£50k+package - construction (water/utilities sector)
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• To promote our proactive health, safety and environmental culture throughout the Company.
• Provide SHEQ advice and support to employees, contractors, clients, partners and suppliers at both office and project locations.
• To liaise with appropriate external bodies, including the HSE, EA and all certification bodies acting on the Company’s behalf regarding SHEQ matters when necessary.
• Assist in the development, maintenance and implementation of the Business Management System and its literature.
• Undertake site/project visitation.
• Ensure that all incidents are reported accurately and thoroughly investigated. This includes ensuring corrective and preventative actions are implemented.
• Promote the use of the SHEQ Reporter App.
• Work in conjunction with the Procurement team to conduct contractor/supplier SHEQ reviews when necessary.
• Review and when necessary, develop risk assessments and method statements.
• Carry out SHEQ Audits in line with internal governance.
• Implement and maintain the company’s integrated management system in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001, 14001, 45001 & 27001.
• Assist with environmental aspect/impact assessment and advise on improvements required to existing work practices to meet legal obligations and conform to best practice.
• Develop SHEQ related training materials, including toolbox talks, for delivery to colleagues and contractors as required.
• Chair and lead when necessary SHEQ related meetings, ensuring that records/minutes are accurately prepared and shared.
• Supporting the SHEQ & Assurance Manager in achieving targets and objectives for the Company, department and project sites.
• To comply with all SHEQ responsibilities commensurate with the role, as outlined in the SHEQ Policies.
NEBOSH qualification in safety and/or Environmental management
Membership of IOSH, the IQA, IEMA or other relevant institute/body
Full UK driving licence