Project Health and Safety Advisor - rail (PTS required) - York (minimum 3 days p/w on site)- - £350-£450 per day - 12 month contract
• To provide informed advice, guidance and support on health, safety and welfare matters to all parties.
• To promote a positive SHEQ culture in the business by coaching and supporting behavioural interventions.
• Ensure implementation of agreed solutions to achieve compliance with Health and Safety Legislation.
• To contribute to the preparation of Project Health and Safety Plans and ensure compliance with their requirements.
• To the support the development of the company Business Management System.
• To provide detailed H&S input into all stages of the project process from initial pre-qualification to contract completion to ensure that projects are executed in a safe manner.
• To undertake Site Safety Inspections in accordance with the H&S Inspection plan to ensure that the requirements of the company’s Safety Management System, Project Health and Safety Plans, current H&S legislation and client requirements are addressed and compliance achieved. This will include occasional weekend and night time site visits.
• To ensure that corrective actions arising from Site Safety Inspections are effectively addressed and closed out and that opportunities for the continuous improvement of safe working practices are fully exploited.
• To liaise with Client Safety Representatives and Regulatory authorities on all Health and Safety issues.
• To prevent the adoption of unsafe working practices.
• To undertake Accident and Incident Reporting and Accident/ Incident Investigation, in accordance with the company’s procedures.
• To facilitate and attend Health and Safety Meetings as appropriate
• To develop and facilitate open communications on Health and Safety issues across Project Teams.
• To monitor and report upon Health and Safety Performance in accordance with management reporting requirements, including the identification of areas of concern and opportunities for improvement.
• Preparation of monthly health and safety reports for region / business.
• To facilitate Health and Safety visits.
• To proactively contribute to the development and delivery of Health and Safety Best Practice across the project
• To support the development and delivery of a consistent approach to Health and Safety across the organisation.
• To provide in house training on various health and safety topics.
• To provide RPE face fit testing (when trained).
• To provide Drug and Alcohol testing (when trained).
To excel in this role, you will have previous experience as a Health & Safety Manager in a rail and civil engineering project or contract environment.
• Relevant qualification in Health & Safety – NEBOSH, Degree, Diploma
• Experience working in a rail project environment
• Chartered or working towards chartered status – IOSH
• Have previous experience of a rail environment, civil engineering and general construction activities.
• Previous experience in a similar role would be preferred and this will have been gained at least in part, with a Major Contractor.
• Ambition and commitment to succeed in the role.
• Demonstrable self-motivation and high personal professional standards.
• Confident communication skills.