Reporting to a Senior Health & Safety Advisor (SHSA) you’ll:
- Assist in managing and monitoring the H&S Management System and the continual improvement of H&S across Southern Housing
- Provide day-to-day support for managers and colleagues, ensuring policies and procedures are consistently applied in line with the principles of sensible risk management
- Carry out H&S audits, inspections and investigations
- Develop and deliver H&S related training and briefings
- Promote a culture at all levels where managing and being accountable for risk is recognised as an essential part of business as usual.
You’ll have the option to work in a hybrid way when appropriate and as agreed with your manager.
What you’ll need
- Qualification in Health and Safety (minimum NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent)
- Experience working as a Health & Safety Advisor
- Knowledge of current H&S legislation, guidance and best practice
- Experience of formulating, implementing, and revising H&S policies and procedures
- Experience of identifying sensible and practical risk reduction measures.
- Valid UK driving licence
In your supporting statement, it is important that you address how you meet each of the above criteria providing real examples.
Closing date: Sunday 17th December 2023
We reserve the right to close this application early if we receive a high amount of applicants.
At Southern Housing, our residents are at the heart of everything we do. As one of the largest housing providers in the UK with over 77,000 homes across London, the Southeast, the Isle of Wight, and the Midlands, we give over 167,000 people somewhere affordable to call their own! We also understand the difference that safe, secure, and affordable homes can make to people’s lives.
A career at Southern Housing will allow you to make a difference every day you come to work. Working in the housing sector with us will bring fresh challenges and give you the opportunity to grow and develop, too.
What's in it for you
- Life assurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Eyecare & dental
- Birthday leave
- Retailers discounts
- Cycle to work
- Buy & sell annual leave
- Season ticket loan
- In-house academy & career development
- Flexible working
Inclusion and Diversity
We work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.