National Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Leicester (Home/Site/Office Flexibility) - circa £63,000 + Electric Car
Irwin and Colton have been engaged by a rapidly expanding niche Utility Provider to recruit their National Health, Safety and Environment Manager. This ambitious organisation has sites across the UK and plan to become a leader within the industry. This role will be predominantly site based with flexible working where required.
Key responsibilities of the National Health, Safety and Environment Manager will include:
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation on sites and keeping up to date with policies and procedures
- Help with implementation of the health and safety strategy on sites, working closely with the client and contractors ensuring health and safety best practice
- Influencing, engaging, and coaching key internal and external stakeholders to effect change
- Constantly assessing opportunities for improvement and sharing best practice across the organisation
Essential experience for the National Health, Safety and Environment Manager:
- Proven experience in a similar role ideally in construction or a related field.
- Experience in influencing and engaging with senior management.
- NEBOSH cert/diploma and ideally a member of IOSH, working towards CMIOSH
- Effective communication skills - both verbal and written, with the ability to engage with a range of clients and stakeholders
- A positive and pragmatic attitude to problem solving within health and safety.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced health and safety professional to further develop their career across an interesting portfolio of clients and projects throughout the UK.
For further details and to apply please contact Kristian Gribble on or 01923 432 690. Ref: KG 2627.
Irwin & Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the South East of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.