Environmental Advisor - Midlands/Northern region - home-based with site visits across the region - £45k-£55k+package (car or car allowance, pension, healthcare) - world-class construction contractor with a passion for safe and sustainable building.
• Proactively support the senior Environmental or HSEQ representative on site in the production, review and update of the Project Environmental Management Plan.
• Proactively support the implementation of the project environmental plan.
• Be aware of all project relevant, current and future environmental legislation. Work as part of the team to ensure compliance.
• Liaise with the community liaison officer and Client’s representative regarding complaints from third parties on noise, dust and or other environmental issues.
• Assist in production and communication of environmental procedures and notices.
• Proactively Identify Environmental Risk and seek solutions and contribute to the project risk register on Environmental issues.
• Help to identify Innovative Ideas and Best Practice.
• Be familiar with conditions of the contract as they relate to Environmental issues.
• Ensure compliance with on-site procedures and contribute to reviewing and updating when required.
• Assist the business/project in achieving the objectives/targets set in the Environmental strategy within your specific work activities.
• Help co-ordinate and maintain the environmental training programme.
• Promote environmental awareness on the project.
• Support and participate in the project monthly Environmental Forum.
• Share knowledge and lessons learned throughout the project and business.
• Be aware of the company targets for environmental performance and assist with the strategy to achieve them on the project.
• Collate information from site and use to report on the project’s environmental performance.
• Manage monitoring equipment, collect, process and interpret data (Water, dust, noise, waste).
• Undertake Environmental Site inspections, highlighting any bad and good practice to the relevant teams and Environmental Manager.
• Record and report all incidents to the Project Manager and instigate any corrective actions required.
• Have some knowledge of construction methods, trades, plant, equipment, and practices, and, in particular, the environmental impact associated with each.
A good technical knowledge and/or experience of environmental regulation and standards applicable to the built environment
Technical qualification in Environmental, Sustainability or construction-related qualifications and a good level of experience working in a similar role
Good working knowledge of environmental sustainability and its application to the built environment
Knowledge and understanding of a range of applicable international standards