Health, Safety and Environment Lead
Salary: Circa £40,000 (Plus Excellent Benefits and Progression)
Irwin and Colton has been engaged on an exciting new opportunity with a leading Private Healthcare provider. The organisation owns and operates over 50 hospitals nationwide, with this role presiding over 2 Berkshire based hospitals. The role will focus on the management of health and safety compliance across the sites involving working closely with the estates team across a wide range of facilities. It's a great opportunity to work for a company that placed in the top 5 companies to work for in the UK last year. The suitable candidate will be required to travel between Reading and Windsor regularly.
Responsibilities for the HSE Lead will include:
- You advise and assist the Senior Management Team (SMT), interpret and meet obligations.
- You support and advise the SMT on promoting a strong health and safety culture
- You support the facility in demonstrating an appropriate level of compliance with relevant health and safety standards
- You champion environmental management, continually improving performance.
- You escalate inadequately controlled H&S risks to the Operational Manager/Director
The successful HSE Lead will have:
- Operational experience in a Health & Safety.
- Experience of Undertaking a range of Risk Assessments.
- Contractor safety management experience.
- Training and presenting experience.
- Level 3 qualification in H&S Management
- H&S professional registration (IOSH)
- Ability to interpret relevant health and safety legislation
- Risk Assessor experience.
- RCA / Incident investigation skill.
- Experience undertaking audits.
For more information about this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Oscar Dale on +44(0) 1923 432 673 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health, and safety Director through to Health and Safety Advisor positions.