Health & Safety Lead
Salary: Circa £65,000 plus car allowance
Irwin and Colton are pleased to have been engaged by an industry-leading FM organisation who are looking to bring on board a new Health & Safety Lead. The vacancy is brand new and will lead on one of their newest contracts within the UK, taking full responsibility for a team of safety professionals across numerous sites (from corporate offices spaces to laboratories). The role also reports to the Head of Health and Safety.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing health and safety team, looking to drive cultural change across the board, and to work in a professional and dynamic working environment.
Responsibilities of the Health & Safety Lead will include:
- Engaging with key stakeholders to drive a positive health and safety culture, from employees right through to senior management
- Supporting the wider business units on the development and delivery of operational safety protocol; identifying opportunities to enhance the effectiveness of the health and safety function internally and externally with clients
- Assessment and development of the health and safety management systems to ensure that it reflects best practice
- To analyse risk across the critical working environment and to create change to mitigate risks
- Ensuring contractors on-sites are compliant to agreed legislation and company guidelines
The successful Health & Safety Lead will have:
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) and relevant membership of a professional body
- Proven experience within the built environment, ideally from a facilities management background (Hard FM) - background from a science-based environment i.e. Labs is beneficial
- Experience in influencing, engaging, and liaising with senior management to create cultural change on safety
- Strong working understanding of relevant ISO systems (ISO 45001, 14001, and 9001)
- Experience managing a team of health and safety professionals
- Happy to travel UK-wide when necessary
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established Facilities Management company with a long history and strong heritage, and brilliant retention.
For more information on this opportunity or to discuss your next career move, contact Matthew Cathcart on +44(0) 1923 432 636 or apply here.
Irwin and Colton are a specialist Health and Safety recruitment company, based in the Southeast of England we recruit across the UK. We recruit all roles in the health and safety industry from Health and Safety Manager, Health and Safety Director to Health and Safety Advisor positions.